if offered again at a discounted price.’’
This is one of many great insights published at the VWO eCommerce Survey 2014
with some exclusive eCommerce data and insights, surveyed more than 1000 online shoppers
to find out what puts them off about shopping websites, what catches their interest,
and most importantly -- what makes them 'buy' in 2014.
The report focuses on:
- What makes customers abandon their shopping carts (and which retargeting
offers can bring them back)
- How consumers of different age groups use mobile apps
- What purchase triggers work for online shoppers
- How social networks influence purchase behavior
- At 28%, unexpected shipping cost is the biggest reason for cart abandonment
among online shoppers.
- At 23%, having to create a new user account is the second biggest reason
for cart abandonment.
- 54% shoppers say they will purchase products they left in their cart, if offered again
at a discounted price.
- 24% shoppers are willing to spend extra and buy more in order to qualify for free shipping.
- 55% shoppers are indifferent to personalized offers.
- Pinterest is the second-most popular social commerce network among women (27%),
Twitter is the second-most popular among men (23%).
- 74% shoppers won’t share that they bought a product online over their social networks.
- 25% of Millennials and 16% of all age groups will check out a product
if their friend shares it on social